Tuesday, May 18, 2010

What did I do wrong with my half wild rose bush?

I had magnificant growth for two years. Last Nov. I cut it right back because it was taking over the whole garden. This year I only had roses on the bottom part. The upper part had small white flowers and tons of green growth. But no roses. Any ideas?

What did I do wrong with my half wild rose bush?
It was still probably in shock from the pruning. Roses don't like to be pruned that early, better to wait until January or February. Check with a local nursery and see when they recommend pruning in your area. Also, be sure and feed your rose! Good luck.
Reply:Be patient give it rose food, it sometimes take a season for it to recover from overpruning. Here is a link that may help: http://www.rosecare.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment