Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I have received some plants from a nursery that sends them out at planting time however,?

here at my house the temp. is 38-40 degrees I wonder if I should plant them now or try and wait till the temp goes up. There is strawberry plants, buterfly bush and a wild flowering rose. If I do not plant them now what should I do with them so they will be ok until I plant them?

I have received some plants from a nursery that sends them out at planting time however,?
I got some plants early one year and I knew we still had a frost coming, so I found an area by a window to keep them potted, but a bit cool, so I could harden them for when I put them outside. If they are root bound in small pots, transplant them into a larger pot lined with a biodegradable liner, like a large peat pot...so you can then just stick them liner and all in the ground.....that way you're only disturbing the roots once.....


don't plant too early outside or they will just freeze!
Reply:If you don't expect any more freezing weather and the appear to be dormant they can go outside. If you try to keep them inside for very long they will need to be planted in some planter mix or potting soil as the will start to grow.


No comments:

Post a Comment