Thursday, May 20, 2010

Theres a song, wild wood flower. i like 2 know who's the original artist. very inportant?

Jim Stafford





The name of this song is 'The Wildwood Flower'


Now 'The Wildwood Flower' is an old country classic


It gained a whole new popularity


The song isn't any more popular


But the flower is doin' real good





The wildwood flower grew wild on the farm


And we never knowed what it was called


Some said it was a flower and some said it was weed


I didn't gave it much thought...


One day I was out there talking to my brother


Reached down for a weed to chew on


Things got fuzzy and things got blurry


And then everything was gone


I Didn't know what happened


But I knew it beat the hell out of sniffin' burlap





I come to and my brother was there


And he said, 'What's wrong with your eyes?'


I said, 'I don't know, I was chewing on a weed'


He said, 'Let me give it a try'


We spent the rest of that day and most of that night


Trying to find my brother, Bill


Caught up with him 'bout six o'clock the next mornin'


Naked, swinging on the windmill


He said he flew up there


I had to fly up and get him down


He was about half crazy





The very next day we picked a bunch of them weeds


And put 'em in the sun to dry


Then we mashed 'em up and we cleaned 'em all


And put 'em in the corncob pipe


Smokin' them wildwood flowers got to be a habit


We didn't see no harm


We thought it was kind of handy


Take a trip and never leave the farm





A big ol' puff on the wildwood weed


Next thing you know


We's just wandering behind the little animals


All good things gotta come to an end


And it's the same with the wildwood weed





One day this feller from Washington come by


And he spied us and he turned white as a sheet


And he dug and he burned


And he burned and he dug


And he killed all our cute little weeds


Then he drove away


We just smiled and waved


Sittin' there on that sack of seeds





Y'all come back now, ya hear

Theres a song, wild wood flower. i like 2 know who's the original artist. very inportant?
The song is a traditional folk ballad from the hill country. Done by many,what we know today as ,traditional bluegrass performers. Probably the first recording of it was done by The Carter Family.There have been many parodies. Homer and Jethro had one long before Jim Stafford. My flower of the wild wood was skinny and tall. If it wasn't for her adams apple she'd have no shape at all.
Reply:Hard to say, It's a traditional US song going back donkey's years.


I'll have to go along with "Will" and suggest the 'Carter Family'


No comments:

Post a Comment