Thursday, April 30, 2009

Wild flowers in wet area in lawn in Massachusetts?

I have a wet area (most of the time) in the middle of the lawn. This makes it difficult to mow and upkeep, so I just let it grow wild as an 'island' in the middle of the lawn. Any suggestions on wild flowers or something I could put there. I do not want to till it. Just want something easy that will grow on its own. Any suggestions on what to get, how to get it and when to plant it would be appreciated.

Wild flowers in wet area in lawn in Massachusetts?
Just throw a handful of wild flower mix on the area and see what happens. They make various mixes I'll bet there's even a mix for wet areas, Google it. RScott
Reply:I am not familiar with your climatic conditions but if it were mine I would fill it with Arums or a Gunnera perpensa both are stunning - assuming full sun.

safety boots

No comments:

Post a Comment