Thursday, April 30, 2009

I have wild flowers that are past blooming and I have thinned them out. Are there flower seeds for the fall?

I live in Missouri and started the wild flowers from seed and they came up real nice. Are there flower seeds I can plant now for fall?

I have wild flowers that are past blooming and I have thinned them out. Are there flower seeds for the fall?
most wildflowers will self sow if you have thinned them save some seeds and plant them as seeds after first frost for next years flowers as far as flowers for the fall cardinal flowers for shade but they won't bloom until the second year try some mums or african daisies for sunny areas I am in NE missouri
Reply:I did this too. I was just looking at the catalog I have from wildseedfarms.com and they say in zone 6 you can plant the seeds in late fall but they just remain dormant over the winter. No mention of growing up and blooming at this time. They recommend early spring planting for zone 6.





They say for warmer zones that the seeds would quickly germinate if planted in the fall so they have more options there.





The part of MO I am in is so dry I am not even going to anything but scythe down the dried up ones and let the seeds fall where they may.


No comments:

Post a Comment