Thursday, April 30, 2009

Where are the best places in urban Philadelphia to pick 'wild' flowers?

I know this is crazy, but i was wondering if there are any places where wild flowers grew in philadelphia. thanks!

Where are the best places in urban Philadelphia to pick 'wild' flowers?
Go around 40th and Woodland, in University City. On Woodland avenue going towards the hospital, look on the side of the street, there are many different kinds of lovely flowers growing on the patchy grass area. It is right next to where SEPTA goes underground.





Also, walk into the graveyard right across from the 40th street portal at Woodland Ave. (where SEPTA lets off)...there are many different plants in there.





Also walk near the new Veterinarian hospital (around the same area...you can't miss it, it's right across from the VA hospital. There are a lot of flowers growing in that area.





I walk by these places almost every single day. I live right next to them so I know there are flowers there. I even picked a couple once myself for someone.
Reply:we have so few flowers...please dont pick them!


No comments:

Post a Comment