Monday, May 11, 2009

Looking for info on a wild flower called jack in the pulpit.?

flower is found in N.Y.state





























Y.

Looking for info on a wild flower called jack in the pulpit.?
Is it the one shown in the first link below?





We have something in the UK that is known as Jack in the Pulpit also - I don't think it's the same one that you're asking about but I've attached a link to that as well (second link below)
Reply:Not sure about the carniverous variety, but we had them all over the woods in the backyard when I was growing up in the MidWest. At that time, they were protected. They look like a little stick man figure enveloped by a beautiful green leaf. I always used to love to see them pop up in the spring. Don't pick them! I think they are endangered.


No comments:

Post a Comment